Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Little Snail..

The last time I came to Syd, I went to Little Snail at somewhere close to Darling Harbour with Jen. Yes that's my very first time heading to French restaurant. Excited! My thinking of French cruisine is pretty much something like fine dining, work of art on the plate kind of thing. Well it's not really like that in Little Snail. Their food portion was fairly huge, presentation wise definately French looking! The very moment that I stepped into the restaurant, there's this really strong French feeling. Probably cause of the interior design and the furniture around.

Looking at the menu. Hmmm.. I went for the 3 course lunch special for $35.

I was trying to be adventurous and ordered for Pate du jour. It's basically duck liver pat flavoured port and brandy served with Melba toast. To be honest, I tried to enjoy it but sadly I didn't at all. The taste of the liver is just too strong for me. 

The legendary snails marinated in fresh herbs and oven baked in garlic butter for Jen! I had a go on this as well and it was yummy, just have to get passed the thinking of "I'm actually eating snails". It was way better than the duck liver I had.

For mains, I've ordered the Prime Australian beef fillet served with potato mash, champignons and red wine jus. A really classic meal, I guess you can say it's bit boring. But it was cooked really well, the beef was juicy and tender. Love the champignons part, it has all the flavours.

Jen ordered the grilled Tasmanian salmon on mascarpone enriched risotto and puree of sweet peas. The salmon was awesome! Definately cooked perfectly, keeping the freshness and juicyness of the salmon. He loves the puree too.

Dessert time. I've ordered the handmade profiteroles with cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. It was just okay for me. I think you can better ones in Lygon Street!

Jen ordered sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and ice cream. A nice way to end the meal with a sweet and warm pudding. Well it was definately an enjoyable meal there and also to mention that the service is pretty good. Maybe you would want to skip the peak lunch hours or make a booking for a table.

Ratings: 7.5/10
Address: 50 Murray Street, Pyrmont, NSW 
Phone: 02 9212 7512

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waaaaa even lunch look so yummy !! snails yum yum !!! :P

Rachel

Post a Comment