Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Azuma Patisserie Cafe..

I love desserts and I'm happy that I got introduced to this little cafe. Thanks Mich! Anyway I've been there quite a few times now and also brought my sis there and we had a lovely time there chilling out with some pretty desserts and relaxing environment.


Love the strawberry layered cake. Nice strong fresh strawberries in between the layers and the sponge cake was soft and fluffy.

I've tried the green tea matcha latte. It's basically green tea with milk, just perfect for me cause I don't really drink coffee. It was nice and not too sweet which was great. I would prefer to have a stronger flavour of the green tea powder.

Meanwhile, sis tried the iced green tea matcha latte. The nice thing about it is that you get to pour in  the sugar syrup yourself, so you can decide on the sweetness of it. Brilliant idea.

You can also take some of their japanese fahion magazines to read up while indulging yourself with the lovely desserts. Or perhaps a nice chit chat over an afternoon tea.

The other time I went there and tried their hojicha. I've googled it and it's basically is set apart from other japanese green teas because it was roasted in a porcelain pot over charcoal. It had a strong after taste which was really fragrant and subtle.

I've also tried the chocolate mousse cake. I would say it was pretty average on this. 

The earl grey chiffon cake. It had a really strong after taste which was so good and the cake soft and fluffy.

Another afternoon tea with more gossips.

They also have macarons. It was just normal. 

I've also tried the panna cotta which was yummy! It was soft and creamy. I was looking at recipes for panna cottas and I shall attempt to make that sometime soon.

Chestnut tarlet. It was way too sweet for me. 

The green tea yogurt ice cream. It seems that the combination of green tea and yogurt doesn't fit quite well. The soury taste of the yogurt was overpowering the flavour of the green tea. Or maybe it's just me. Anyway I still love going this relaxing patisserie cafe. And also thumbs up for the nice presentation of their desserts.

Ratings: 6.5/10
Address: 501 George Street, Regent Place Shopping, NSW 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment