Monday, August 2, 2010

Cafe Giraffe..

I went to this very funky yet cosy cafe with a few friends. It's called Cafe Giraffe. The location of the cafe is at 302 Little Lonsdale Street, Melb 3000. I simply adore the cafe. I went there for the third time and I still can't get enough of it. You can find cosy and laid back environment together with some interesting dishes on the menu.

Little decorations in the cafe.

There's a tree in the middle of the cafe.


The menu.

The warm pudding. It was yummy, warm and sweet. The pudding was soft and moist. If you like sweet stuff, it will be a great choice.

This was what I wanted to try! Cheese fondue with our own selection of sides, mushrooms and toasted bread. I was so excited to try it. But I was kind of disappointed, cause the cheese was too diluted, would prefer it to be more creamier.

I went there another time during lunch hours. I had mushroom risotto. The flavour was rich and cheesy. I felt really full after finishing the whole bowl. It wasn't a huge portion, but it was just right for me. $8 for this.

My collegue who is a vegetarian, had the sesame chicken noodles salad without the chicken. :) It tasted really awesome, love the sesame flavour in there and it felt refreshing after a salad meal.

Love the hot chocolate there too!

Homemade tiramisu. Love this! Very interesting concept as well. You do it yourself, simply take the scotch finger with some of the cream cheese and dip it in the coffee. Yummylicious! One thing to note is that the price is rather average. A good place for a cup of coffee or food with friends and enjoy the relaxing environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment